Latest Entries »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm on a blogging streak.

It could be short-lived, I don't know. But I've been blogging pretty consistently I think.

so hello! I just got home from a somewhat productive project day, although there were times where we couldn't get anything done. maybe it was from the lack of food or naz's cats, I don't know.

my room is in an absolute mess. it's the weekend again and my mom might come up and scream the exact thing she has been screaming for the past decade or so. MESS. I think the 2-3 ants at the foot of my bed are trying to tell me something too.

on a wholly different note, I have friends taking a communication ethics class this semester and my eavesdropping on their conversations has made me realise that everyday, we do morally disgusting things without even realising it.

a friend asked me the other day, "What trait do you think is generally possessed by everyone?" (or something to that effect)

"Selfishness." I said.

then he went on talking about how women only think about negative stuff, blah. but as he was yammering away, I was thinking about why I said what I said.

we are all really selfish people. I know I am. we are sometimes overly concerned about our own happiness because at the back of our minds, we know that no one can take care of it as well as we can.

2 people very close to me told me recently that they'd do whatever it takes to get what they wanted. while that may seem unbelievably selfish, I think it's commendable to be able to admit it. one of them told me that if something were important enough to risk everything, he'd do anything.

then I realised that the selfishness had translated into selflessness.

sounds mad, I know. LOL. but I've been having weird revelations and it's screwing with my mind.

but don't you think it's better to admit something bad about yourself than to be a hypocrite?

0 yaks: