Latest Entries »

Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Days

Just like that, i'm back.

=(

I started to miss Japan even before I left.

I can so see myself living there - The people there put so much effort into dressing up. Just as well, i'm vain as hell and i love to dress up. at least when i wore my boots there no one stared. but then again i learnt a while ago not to care here in singapore any more. =D oh but of course to school i'll dress like a 'normal person', like what my sister calls it.

the fashion there is amazing. 95% of people wear boots there. i felt like i was in my element cos i have this love affair with boots. oh and big curly hair. i have been inspired to not care about what people think about what i wear cos fashion is so subjective. having said that, i will try not critize people's dressing again (operative word being 'try').

I think people in singapore should improve their self-image - going to town in tshirts, shorts and slippers is plain embarrassing. but then again maybe people living in colder areas have more options; and people here are just too lazy to be creative.

and the food. do you know how much i ate? there was one night where i ate 5 plates of beef. there were 2 pieces and each and i could still eat after the 5th plate. but i was pushing it. haha.

but you know what is the single most awesome tasting thing EVER?

kobe beef.

when i bit into it i thought i died and went to heaven. nothing i say here is going to do justice to it.

but i think the best part of the trip was that it snowed. every singaporean's dream come true. and not like for just 1 day like that time i went to Cananda, but it snowed for days and the feeling is crazy. so surreal. the white blankets of snow on fields and roads tied in with the very elaborate christmas decorations. the perfact white christmas. the trees were like those you saw in christmas postcards.

it was as if someone up there was holding a giant sift and shaking icing sugar all over the land. we got to snow mobile up a mountain and though my fingers and toes were numb from the frigid air, it was the most incredible feeling looking across white mountain ranges.

oh yes. and of course we, being a 150% singaporean, made it a point to buy Burberry Blue Label. the fact that it's sold ONLY in Japan won my mom and my sister over. my mom got one, my sister got 3 (yes) and my mom got me one for my birthday. =D i love my mommy. it's about 400-500 SGD each. so yeah we spent a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY this trip it's not even funny.

there is so much to say about Hokkaido/Tokyo. i dont think i can ever capture the essence, try as i may. so i will post pictures up soon. =)

0 yaks: