Latest Entries »

Friday, December 31, 2010

I miss it so much.

So with only a couple more hours to go before 2011 swallows us whole, I'd like to put up another reflective blogpost. Haha, sorry.

I need a break from watching HIMYM so I decided to look back at my other New Year's Eve blog entries. Damn, I used to be more free-spirited. I wonder what happened to me. Didn't do a good job being an adult, I guess. Somewhere along the way I became this cynical freak. And I'm going to assume with good reason that it must've pissed a lot of people off. I'm working on it.

But my biggest problem is how much I hate when people change and make you sorely miss who they used to be. I would love to elaborate but it wouldn't be very gracious to do that here, now would it. I don't care for some of them of course, but what sucks here is that I'm missing the people who matter the most. It has been 12 short months. How can people change that much within a year? Sigh. Apparently apart from being cynical, I am also one big fat ball of naïveté. (Whatever, I know you got me)

I'm wishing for a lot this new year. So here are some which I don't think are all that unreasonable:

1. To get a good job, goddammit.
2. A true panoramic camera.
3. To stop being obsessed with things that don't deserve that energy.
4. For people to realise that they don't have to change into someone they'll ultimately hate.
5. To be more free-spirited.
6. More instant film.
7. For my backache to get the FFFF out of my body.
8. To have clearer complexion.
9. To be less of a snob.
10. For people I love to be closer.

I stopped having new year's resolutions because it seems like each year I have them just to set myself up for disappointment. Plus wishlists are more fun.

I hope everyone is contented with the way things are. If not, here's to a clean slate.

Happy 2011, guys. Cheers. :)

0 yaks: