Latest Entries »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Graduation

Weird day.

A good kind of weird though. Wearing an oversized gown for hours is stifling. I never knew mortar boards were that heavy too.

Somewhat bored during the whole ceremony. One particular valedictorian delivered an insufferable speech which had everyone face-palming. It really shows when you try too hard. I couldn't even complain to anyone, seeing as how I was sitting beside people I didn't really know. Fiddled a lot with the dangling tassel that kept finding its way to my lips. It was however an awesome gift from Shenny. "How come your tassel different from the rest one ah?" was a popular question today.

Also, toes are not meant to be forced into pointy shoes. I now have blisters on my feet. The prospect of falling on my face while up on stage scared the heck out of me.

I pitied the deans who were handing out the certs and shaking everybody's hands. I am quite certain mine wasn't the only cold and clammy one they had to grab. In retrospect, I don't know what I was so nervous about in the first place.

We went to Marina Barrage to chill and talk nonsense after everything, though not before having prata and roti john near Naz's house. A somewhat still night punctured by hypothetical questions, dramatic stories and mad laughter.

It was so good seeing everyone again today. The last time this happened was during orientation.

BAC 2010, <3

0 yaks: