Latest Entries »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

2008 died in a rather strange fashion.

not that anything weird happened, but while I was amidst the craziness on the balcony of my uncle's place hollering 'happy new year' along with everyone else, I couldn't stop thinking about how quickly time is passing.

after the madness settled at about 00:30, I sat alone at the balcony and a feeling of nostalgia washed over me. something about the smell of the night air brings about a strange atmosphere. almost enigmatic. I had to pluck myself from the reverie but not before I've had my fill.

CNY this year will be a stark difference from last year's. one of the main highlights of my CNY would be, as weird as it sounds, deep fried chicken wings at my late grandpa's sister's place. she's pushing 93 (I think) and is of course the most important relative to visit over CNY. this year however, we won't be stopping by. she took a fall not too long ago and is currently under the care of a nursing home (again, 'I think'. she's somewhere, just not home).

on to my new year's resolution(s) -

1. I will attempt to dress better.
2. Attempt to think positively.

as you can see, operative word for 1 & 2 is 'attempt'. we'll see how I do.

Good morning, '09.

0 yaks: