Latest Entries »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Caught up in a reverie.

TODAY! i was flooded with nostalgia when i was going through old photos. seeing all the pictures really made me feel like then, i hadnt lived in the moment enough. does that make sense, do you know what i'm saying?

i have literally travelled the world and i feel like i've been taking everything for granted. no i'm not trying to brag but what i'm really trying to say is that i consider myself the luckiest daughter and sister. and i am so thankful for that. looking through the family pictures, the goofy smiles and closeness really brought tears to my eyes. my late grandma especially. a picture of her playing with a couple of dogs in a farm stay in Perth really did it. those really were the best days of our lives. i know we're not gonna have those days back again.

maybe that's why i make sure i take my camera with me everytime we have family functions. i snap like a million pictures at a time and i guess i feel like that is the only way i can remember every good moment i have with them.

blowing out the two big candles as my uncle presses a red packet into hand tonight was a really surreal moment. as my entire family sang and cheered i couldn't help but wonder - where had the 20 years gone? sometimes i think we all grow up a little too fast.

one thing's for sure - i'm never gonna forget to be grateful again.

0 yaks: